Monday, December 22, 2008

Spa Night

You may be wondering what I'm doing in Costa Rica to celebrate the holiday season. Well, don't worry about me. I may not be going to fancy dinners or ugly sweater parties, or spending time with family, but don't feel sorry for me. I am being well taken care of......
My friends and I have created an event that we call "spa night". It was such a success the first time, that we had it again, and brought a few more friends from the resort. Paul is our host, since he's the one with the big, fancy house. We began the evening by playing in his pool that overlooks the jungle....

Uli and Atiba are here from Germany and Austria for the holidays. They are the newest additions to our "family".





After sunset, we made a light dinner together...it almost looks like we are a family, huh?

Everyone had a job.


Yummy raw food!

Later, we began the spa treatments. I brought a small suitcase of scrubs and lotions and masks and all sorts of fun things to offer our clients as a way to earn a little extra cash while I'm here. Spa night was born so that I could test out my services and see what people thought. Based on their feedback, I think I've got something here!

We begin with everyone steaming their faces in hot water.

Next, clay mud masks....and while we're waiting for them to dry...a massage chain!

Paul, aka "Cabana Boy" prepared some refreshing cucumbers for our eye treatment.

Everyone had a turn getting massages and pedicures for about 15 minutes while laying in Paul's living room and listening to meditative music. By the time it was over, we were all in ecstasy. I think spa night should be a tradition.

I'm thinking of charging $80 for the full package, but for you...special deal.....

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow! Your holiday was much warmer & relaxing than mine! We are in the middle of a huge snow storm so we didn't get together with any of the family. We just ate cheap candy till we were sick! Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

Oh really? No family AND freezing cold? Blah...now I really don't feel like I missed out. :)