Everything moves really slow here in Costa Rica (except the oppossum I saw slithering down the wall into the kitchen last night....he was kinda fast). For the most part, it feels like it takes twice as long to get anything done. I'm not sure where the day goes, but the bookwork I came down here to do seems to be going at lethargic speed. It seems like I only get to it for about an hour a day.
Yesterday, for example, I woke up early and went for a killer run through the jungle and down to my favorite white sand beach. When I got back, Crystal (Menlha's daughter) and I did yoga for about an hour, and then she and Menlha and I went back to the beach to go for a walk. These are all very important things to get done in the morning, mind you, but by the time we walked a couple of miles, went for a swim, and dried off, it was about 1:30 pm. When we got back to the resort, I made food for my dog while Menlha and Crystal gave a Rebalancing session.
The problem is, I need Menlha's time right now so she can guide me through the stacks of receipts and paperwork I'm supposed to organize. So, I do what I can without her, and then wait for the right moment when she has the time and energy to go through it with me. I ate papaya and then took a nap on the hammock while she was doing her session. I can't say I minded having the afternoon to myself, but there's this Idaho farm girl part of me that really wants to dive in and get the work done. I can thank my father for that.
Today we went to the organic Farmer's Market. It consisted of one vegetable booth, a couple of jewelry stands, a guy selling goat cheese and another selling organic meats. Wish I would have gotten D'Ogee's food there...but who knew?
I did get a bit of work done after lunch this afternoon, but now Menlha and I are both in need of a rest, so the bookwork will have to wait, again. I always feel kinda tired here. I'm sure it's the heat and humidity. Sleeping sounds sooo good right now....think I'll catch some Zzzzz's.
3 comments:
hi Linda Lou! Wow it looks and sounds like quite the adventure you are on. I showed Chelsee and Nate your tree house they thought it was cool. I could never go to sleep worrying about a bug crawling on me! We are freezing here so enjoy yourself while you can. We are thinkin about you, be safe, and have fun. Thanks for the blog info, it is fun reading and seeing what you are doing. Love Ya!
Good to hear from you Chrissy. Give the little ones a big smooch for me. :) You still planning on coming over in January?
I think you're going at your work at a very respectable pace... you don't want to over do it in the beginning... ease into it.
:-)
Post a Comment