Thursday, December 11, 2008

Roughing It

My friends, be proud of me. Our water was out for 3 days, and I survived without complaint. Most of you know, I'm not the best camper in the world....2 or 3 nights max and I'm ready for a shower. Somehow, I managed, though, with only drinking water.

Normally, I'm at least washing my armpits a couple of times a day here. It's almost impossible not to reek after a few hours in this humidity. At least I had some baby wipes tucked away, which became very useful when the stench was unbearable. Oh, and there's still no electricity in my room, so every night I'm getting ready for bed with the help of the flashlight. It feels like an extended camping trip. I don't consider myself an especially high maintenance person...I don't wear makeup here and I left my blowdryer at home...that's gotta say something, huh? However, I'm also not a no maintenance girl. Bugs, dirt, cold showers are a bit of a challenge for me. I'm learning, though.

Perhaps I'll be a better camper after all of this...or maybe I'll get my fill and never want to camp again!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Are you going to last the full 3 months there? I hope those ants aren't carrying any diseases.

Yeehaw said...

Well hopefully there's not any hot men real close right now... if your pits smell anything like mine on a hot day (think dead animal) then you'll be needing more than babywipes. Want me send you something more potent?

Kimmy said...

Girl, you are brave! I always said that if I was a pioneer I would have died on the first day. Surviving life is one thing...the wild is another!

Jason and Emily said...

Yay for Linda! I'm cracking up that you feel you have to confess this to us...