Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Have Cankles

They're so disgusting, my feet. Having been bitten by a dozen little ants the other day, I now have red welts all over my toes that itch like crazy and get all oozey whenever I indulge in scratching them. The heat and humidity always make me swell up like a blowfish making it very uncomfortable to wear shoes anyway, but after shopping with Menlha all day on Tuesday, my feet rubbing against my sandals, I could barely walk by the end of the night. The ant bites had turned into red chappy open wounds, adding to the puffiness caused by the weather. Needless to say, my ankles are hidden somewhere under all of this expanded flesh, and I look like an elephant. At least I'm not prego....it could be worse. :)

I know you're curious about the war I have going on with the ants...I did put down poison the other day...LOTS of it. Perhaps too much, because the smell of poison infested my room and by the next morning, I felt like my lungs were intoxicated. So, I swept out as much of the excess poison as I could. Then I remembered I had some cinnamon spray in my luggage, so I sprayed a bit of that in the bathroom. Thirty minutes later I came back, and more ants...twice the size as the ones before...were crawling over the walls and dropping into the bathroom! What the *&!???*$%? I was so frustrated, I just left for the day and came back to dead ants all over the bathroom floor...again! Mental note...ants are attracted to sweet smells...like cinnamon. IDIOT!

3 comments:

Yeehaw said...

Ok, so I think I need a picture of your cankles. I'd like to compare them to mine... which currently are sporting their own pulse. I think it's what happens just before stretch marks appear. That'll really suck if I get stretch marks on my feet too! It could be worse... I could be in high humidity without a blowdryer, I guess.

Linda said...

i'm sure you'd win the cankle contest, Marlo. Mine have gone down quite a bit, but I still have little sausage toes. I honor you for surviving pregnancy!

Supercords said...

I've found the most satisfying weapon against ants is the vacuum cleaner hose. Ants disappear without any mess.

Of course, living in the jungle, as you do, that might not be the best solution.