This morning I woke up to a million dead ants all over my floor. Some of them weren't completely dead, but were on their last breath while others were scurrying around as if they had someplace important to go. For any of you who say you're jealous because I'm here and you're not, this is something to keep in mind so you don't become green with envy and go to hell for breaking the 10th commandment. The bugs here are horrendous! I spent half an hour yesterday sweeping ants off my luggage because they found D'Ogee's chicken jerky which was tucked away in his kennel, and they had formed a line all the way into the bathroom and through a hole in the ground to hijack the jerky bit by bit.
Hoping to have alleviated the problem by putting the jerky in the fridge, I was surprised to wake up this morning with a thick layer of carcasses all over my floor. I must have gotten about ten bites on my feet as I was sweeping them out the door. This means war...they're getting the bug poison tonight! So, if you're jealous because I'm sitting outside in 80 degree tropical weather while you're bundled up in thick coats trying to stay warm, walk across your floor in bare feet for me, and try to be grateful that you're not being eaten alive by ants.
4 comments:
I will admit to feeling a twinge of jealousy that you are in CR, but the ant story has helped! ha ha ha thanks!!!!
If it makes you feel better, just know that a whole bunch of snow dumped TODAY in the valley. The first snowfall is always beautiful, but in a few days it will only be annoying.
Which is worse...killing ants or shoveling snow? Hmmm....I'm feeling a little bit better about the ants, thanks.
It's cold here but I hate bugs! I don't know which of the two evils I would prefer. I guess we have killed a few LaCucarachas in our days in Hawaii remember? We love you and hope you survive the bugs. Be careful and check your bed before you crawl in!
I really wonder if we are in fact genetically related...
I woke up to snow the other morning and actually hollared out loud, "Yes! What a glorious day!"
The thought of heat and humidity makes me need a nap.
So glad you're enjoying it though!
Love you!
Post a Comment