This is Shelley. She's my friend from Utah who I invited to come work with me. She'll be here for three months as well. She's a free spirit...always traveling, no worries, few commitments. Life has so far been very good to her...no major disappointments or challenges. She's still full of optimism and is eager to experience everything she possibly can. She reminds me of how I would ideally like to view the world....and how far from ideal I really am!
Nathan is from England...comes with one of those cool British accents. He's been here on and off for the last year. I think his official title is Client Butt Kisser...he's really good at accommodating our guests, but he's also remodeling the laundry room right now and handling lots of odd jobs. He lives with me and Shelley in the tree house. He adores D'Ogee, too, and even smiles with the same little under bite.
Menlha is the woman who makes this all happen. She has done some crazy, hard core things in her life. Once she spent 40 days meditating in a cave with only water to survive! She's lived in some pretty exotic places, too, including India and Bali. Now, she resides in Costa Rica and owns the retreat center. She's seriously one of the most down to earth, honest people I've ever met. It's a joy to be in her presence every day.
Godi is from France, but lives now in Montreal...another fun accent to have around. He's also a talented wood-worker, and is here for a month to carve a new entrance for the dining area. I'm looking forward to seeing his creation. He has a deep, booming voice and a permanent smile on his face, and he has some kind of fascination with cinnamon oil, I've been told.
Crystal is Menlha's daughter. She's so beautiful and peaceful. I love her energy. She's also an amazing raw chef. She's taught me much about creating wonderful, healthy foods, and taking time to go to the beach...every day. She's going back to Canada the end of the month to start school again, but came here to get away for while and rejuvinate. How would it be to have a home in Costa Rica to retreat to whenever necessary? Lucky girl.
Paul is our neighbor. He lives here part time in a gorgeous home that he helped design himself. He's usually at our place every day to use the internet...and to visit his favorite peeps. He's super chivalrous...always helping everyone out...speaks perfect spanish having grown up in South America...and he makes some killer rice and beans!
Stacie is a friend of Crystal's visiting from Colorado for ten days. She's running on vacation mode so she hasn't been around much, but she's fun when she is around. She studies some kind of intuitive psychology in school and has done some pretty interesting retreats down in Guatemala as well. She leaves on Saturday...back to the cold. I'm grateful to have friends here. Any other friends want to come over? I'll let you stay in my tree house! :)
1 comment:
I'd SOOOO love to come over with my new baby in February to recover from childbirth. I'm a little worried though... If I were to come would I have to go "all natural" and nurse the baby and use reusable diapers? Or even worse; no diapers at all!? Get back to me on that.
Post a Comment