Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Would Do This For You, Too...

I've always wondered if it were just an old wive's tale or if peeing on a jelly fish sting really is the best way to soothe it. Well, Deb and I found out yesterday through our own experience as she was learning to surf and was stopped short by a wicked sting on her left arm. It was all I could do to urinate on her as she shoved her arm between my legs and yelled, "Please pee on me, Linda! Please! I would pee on you!"
Sometimes, when you're laughing so hard you can't breathe, it's really hard to pee. Couple that with being out in public and having an arm between your legs? Geesh...I'm surprised I could get it out at all. I'm just glad it wasn't in vain. The results? YES...peeing on a jellyfish sting instantly relieves the pain to some extent and assists in stopping it from spreading.
Now, I'm not suggesting that I'm openly offering my services, but if by chance you were with me and were stung by a jellyfish, at least you can feel safe knowing that I would know exactly how to help you.

By the way....there are no photos to go along with this post.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

That's awesome! I was laughing so hard I cried! It reminded me of the time me & Jennifer Taylor were at the mall and I had to rip one so bad (something I NEVER do around anyone) and I was begging her to cough in hopes of covering up my loud body functions I was trying to keep to a dull roar. She was laughing to hard to produce much of a cough at all and the store clerk could not only hear it but smell it as well..... Horrible experience, I feel for your friend

Jennifer Mosher said...

Oh dang, what a fabulous story!!! I always wondered if that peeing thing worked (after I saw it on FRIENDS). So it's good to know it does. Ha ha ha! I so love you and Deb!

Dainon. said...

I heart this story.

Linda said...

HA...I remember that, too, Jo. Poor sweet Jennifer Taylor. The things we do for our friends!

Yeehaw said...

All I can say is you're a much better friend than I!

Chris said...

I am still wondering how I ever married into this family that farts loud and smelly and pees on their friends :) You guys crack me up! I really hope no one ever gets stung by a jellyfish when I am a round and to JoJo- we know who farted next time we are together and everyone denies it. LOL!

Jerica said...

good thing you have such healthy pee :)

Harris Family said...

I thought you were joking at first.... go Linda! That is hilarious. She must have really been in pain! Id love to visit- if the munchkins could handle the travel.