This is from Emily.
MY LOVE LETTER
(I asked Linda to post this on her blog for all her world to read...you have all probably known her a while, but I'm relatively new to discovering this enchantress myself...and I just can't contain my joy...allow me to share it with you...)
Dearest Linda,
I just got back from spending days and days with you. Nicaragua. Costa Rica. Some of the most abundant moments of my already abundant life was shared with you here. I got home late from my flight and sat on my floor, thinking, until 2:30 a.m. What a contrast from the night before when we floated in ocean waves on the black sand beach. Now back in my room, I donned my warmest wool socks and huddled near my space heater. I was thinking about this love letter and what I wanted to say. I imagined you sitting cross legged in front of me right there in my room, the recipient of my heart's spontaneous ebb and flow. I started to tear up and I knew I wouldn't be able to recreate how I feel in words.
So I just said your name.
I closed my eyes and just let myself love you. With each spoken repetition of your name I felt an image of colors or a glow of light parade through my mind's eye...like this...
Linda...a delicate butterfly on a backdrop of blue sky and soft greens
Linda...a sweet, quiet sunburst over the line of a horizon
Linda...a relaxed sigh from my lungs, trickled out slowly from a comfortable overstuffed armchair.
Being with you is so comfortable. So like home. I am so accepted. And so understood.
I sat there with my space heater, eyes closed, seeing your spirit more than your physical self. An image flew through me of one big question mark over your head, with lots of little ones floating around it. I realized this is one of my favorite things about you. This wisdom of questioning you hold makes for good company, and immaculate wisdom. I noticed that each question mark was alive and pulsing, with vines and flowers trailing in between its curvy form. Your curiosity and sense of the unknown allow you to thrive in your life. Your beautiful, fluid questioning mind breaks you from forming harmful concrete around a spirit as truth-seeking and free as yours. You value progress. You elevate, expand, rise. You are a goddess of self-improvement and movement. This is one of the most attractive aspects of who you are.
And then your spirit came even more into focus in my mind. I was awe struck by your power. You are a gentle force of nature. It's one of your missions on earth to simply be light power. You combat the harsh, aggressive energies living around you. These more grueling energies are completely necessary for human kind to survive. But your effortless job, and the way your spirit fights evil, is to be soft, like dandelion dust on a breeze. When you live your gentle, peaceful power, you calm and ground people around you, giving them power to live their own truths. You calm and ground me all the time, Linda. And more than anything, you allow me to take flight in your presence with new refreshed vigor.
And you speak my love language. Of all the things we saw and did on our trip, my favorite was when you said this: "Emily, I have a couple things to do this morning...but then this afternoon and evening is pure Emily time. Nothing else. Completely uninterrupted time with you." And I remember we didn't do anything too significant during that time. We went on a walk to the beach, we swam a little, we ate dinner, we looked at pictures on your laptop. (oh yeah...and you gave me that amazing facial!) But I felt like you rained dozens of roses on me. You just wanted to be with me. I'm tearing up even to think about that.
Thank you for this generous gift you pour on me every day.
I love you very much.
You are important to me.
Your life's purpose is important to me.
I am walking beside you, carrying water in case you're thirsty. I have almonds when you're hungry (raw, and soaked of course.) ha ha!
I choose to walk life with you until our paths end (because we both understand ends.) And if there is no end, alas! I will walk with you forever.
I hold in my palms your secrets, your tears, your late night girly giggles, your confessions, your dreams in all their variety and colors. I have room for a million more of everything you are.
And allow me to continue to witness the brilliance of your extraordinary life in its most piercing, blinding light, and its darkest and most frightening abyss. I believe in you. I want to memorize your truth and hold it up for you to see it, scrutinize it, alter it, love it. I am one of your mirrors.
And I promise you nothing. I won't always be there for you. And I can't say I'll never leave you. I give you no promises whatsoever. And in that, you have me wholly. The present moment is the only promise any of us can ever give. And here is my present. Here in lies my awe struck, joyous, delighted love for........... you.
Thank you for being my mirror too.
Knowing you, Linda, I've never been so beautiful.
YAHOO!!
Your Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment