Sunday, January 18, 2009

Raw Food Tip

My cleanse went well and I am back on food....raw food, that is. I'm always amazed at the things I notice when I'm cleansing. For example, how little I really need to eat in comparison to what I usually do. Even though I usually eat healthy, I'm still guilty of gluttony which usually results in going to bed with a full, bloated, upset tummy. It's hard when you have good food like this around:
My new food goals this year are:
1-eat small portions...especially at night when it's hardest to digest.
2- practice proper food combination for easier digestion. Did you know that you're not supposed to combine your proteins and your carbs, or fruits with vegetables? Apparently, digestion is easiest with only proteins, carbs OR fats combined with veggies, and fruit should really be eaten alone...especially watermelon. Who knew? Well, if I listened to my stomach, I probably would have known. Fruits and veggies definitley don't work together with my system...and meat and potatoes? Well, don't break the news to my dad. It'll really bum him out.

2 comments:

Yeehaw said...

Man, not only will that bum Dad out but it really bums me out. I thought you're suppose to eat all 5 food groups together just to enjoy the taste. Hmm. I don't know how I'd fair in Costa Rica.

eljcranch said...

Dad says Marlo is right! Now he will go stir up a greasy fried breakfast, He thinks he is funny! I will have a grapefruit and soaked buckwheat, is that the right combination? I will probably have to go visit you alone, due to dad's diet!!Love, Mom and Dad