Sunday, January 18, 2009

Namaste

Just a few nights ago, some friends of Menlha's invited us to come watch the sunset and do a meditation at their ridiculously beautiful home in the hills of Nosara. The pictures speak for themselves....





An indoor swing...genius!

The meditation was beautiful as well, and super relaxing...so much so that I fell asleep sitting up through most of it. I'm sure it was a great meditation, though, because I woke up feeling ultra refreshed.

The one thing I did catch that really caught my attention was her explanation of the sanskrit word used at the end of every yoga class, "Namaste". It means, the divine in me honors the divine in you. Divine...the exact word that I've been meditating on lately. That's who I am...a divine being. That's who we all are. I'm not even my personality.....ponder on that one if you wanna confuse your mind, which doesn't identify you either, by the way. The mind is far from the center of our true identity.

We're divine beings and that pretty much sums it up. I'm loving the way that knowing this is making me feel. Seriously... sometimes I feel like I'm walking around heaven like a beautiful divine Mother Eve in the Garden of Eden rubbing shoulders with other divine beings and feeling how little everything else matters. I feel really close to God right now. It's making me very, very happy.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Hey sister, happy birthday! Go to my blog to receive your birthday gift! LOVE YOU!!!

http://joannabaird.blogspot.com

Yeehaw said...

Thank you so much for calling yesterday. It really cheered me up to hear your voice.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Love you!