Friday, May 1, 2009

Utah...It's not so bad.

In an attempt to make myself feel better about being back in Utah, I'm noticing all of the little benefits of being in a first world country. For example, it's really nice to be able to put toilet paper down the toilet instead of in the waste basket. You can't do that in a third world country that has poor plumbing. Other perks of living here:

1. wearing jeans
2. i cut and fixed my hair when i got home and it looked really pretty...i surprised myself.
3. i don't have to pick ticks and fleas off of d'ogee anymore.
4. soft, thick, green grass.
5. flat, paved trails for running and riding bikes.
6. no sweeping bat pooh off of my floor every morning.
7. don't have to check my sheets at night for bugs.
8. i can leave my clothes out and my bags on the floor without any cucarachas getting in.
9. no waking up at night scratching my ankles until they bleed from bug bites.
10. i have a car

Of course, in addition to all of those perks, seeing family and friends is the biggest. And, to be honest, I feel surprisingly good about being here for a while.
Baby steps, Kimmy...thanks for the advice. :)

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot to put on my blog the toilet paper situation, that was awful! I felt so degrading wiping my butt and flopping a handful of crap in the garbage can. GAG!!!
I'm thrilled to hear you found some perks to living back in the states, I really think I need to take my kids to a third world country for a while so they can see how cushey they really have it.

Chris said...

Linda, we loved having you stay and "Hang" with us! We really missed you! I am glad that being in Utah is Ok for you. We will have to make some plans this summer for some family fun!!! If you ever need to wakeboard come on up cause the boys will be on the lake everyday! Love ya1

Yeehaw said...

It was so good to read that you actually have found some good things about being home. I can't think of anything better than having you around. Thank you so much for staying with me & bonding with my children. I love you!