I really enjoyed when people came to visit me in my little Costa Rican world. I loved how fascinated people were when they saw my living conditions, the retreat facilities, the Costa Rican lifestyle, the breathtaking beauty of the jungle and the beaches, the sound of howler monkeys. I noticed that although I have pictures on my blog and I've tried to explain these anomalies to the best of my ability, my visitors were usually still blown away by their first hand experiences.
The last few days of my time there, my sister Joanna, her husband Tello, and their friends Jared and Angie came to visit. It was Joanna's first time in a third world country, so you can imagine the culture shock. Everything was ridiculously new to her and drastically different! I loved how open she was, though, to all of the strangeness...wanting to try everything, understand everything and of course, take pictures of everything. In fact, she did such a good job on her blog of documenting the things that stood out to her, that I think you should just go to her blog to get her perspective.
http://joannabaird.blogspot.com/
It will be the entries between April 21, 2009 and April 28,2009.
I think my favorite thing about her coming to visit was just that she got to experience a little bit of my world and see for herself why I love it so much. I feel like she may understand me a bit more now. She and Tello are even open to doing a cleanse...now, that's a big step! I'd like to see Jo's blog entry after doing a colema.
3 comments:
I loved visiting you in Costa Rica! It's obvious who cares about you the most :) I might even do one of the cleanse retreats next year, once I learned the benefits of a cleanse it doesn't seem quite so eccentric & I wasn't the only one intrigued by the whole 5 gallon enemia concept. That just so happened to be our main topic of conversation while on vacation, especially every time we sat down to a meal as we became painfully aware of how much garbage we were putting into our bodies. Too bad every meal we had over there was ruined by poop topics. But we came up with a really catchy slogan for the retreat, you might be impressed enough to pass this on to Menlah...........
"Menlah's enima retreat is the shit!"
No offense, just calling it like it is :)
That's awesome! I'll be sure and let her know. In fact, maybe i'll include it in this month's newsletter. :)
Only Joanna...
Post a Comment