My mom wanted to see pictures of some of the scenery around here...so, I documented my walk to the beach today. Mostly, it's a mile and a half of the above...dirt roads, jungle trees and pedestrians...with a few quirks along the way....
Is that D'Ogee playing in a pond? No...it's just a river flowing through the middle of the road. Mental note for anyone who decides to come visit me....rent an SUV. These rivers become almost impassable later in the year.
Now, we come to the town of San Juanillo. Town square is an overgrown soccer field. On two of the four sides stands the most important building in towns. Above is bar number one...the cheap one where all the locals go.... ...and this is bar number 2, the Buddha Bar...spiced up for the foreigners and twice as expensive.Buddha is very happy to take the rich American's money

Fisherman's beach:


No swimming in the water today with these creatures all over the shores! The jellyfish were everywhere. Some people say it's the moon and the winds that brought them in; I dunno, but I'm steering clear of the agua for a while.



5 comments:
Hmm... I'm thinking your residence must be the prettiest place in the country because the rest of it sure isn't how I'd imagined.
Want me to send you my waders so you can get in the water with the jellyfish? They don't do much for your tan, but it beats getting stung.
I learned some things about jellyfish in a book I was reading last night on the Great Barrier Reef.
One thing they can't quite penetrate is nylons. Yeah, regular old nylons. Go figger.
Also, you can't really swim over on the GBR for about six months out of the year because of them. They may be a different sort than you have in Costa Rica, but one touch of one of their 10-feet long tentacles has enough venom in it to kill a man. That's enough for me to want to stay far, far away.
Also ... did you know they can sense how to move around things, but nobody knows how exactly, as they've no real brain to speak of. Crazy stuff.
Wow...thanks for the Jellyfish 101 lesson, D. Sounds like Marlo should send me some nylons for swimming rather than waders.
I actually find jellyfish extremely fascinating. How they move, eat, breath, pooh, everything is a mystery.
Speaking of GBR...any word on the job?
Great job on the translating more people need to pick up another language or two or three. Paz contigo mi hermano.
Im sorry I said my brother I meant MI HERMANA. Paz,Pace,Frieden,Peace
Post a Comment