Sunday, February 15, 2009

End of Chapter

What I enjoy about living here is how transient it is. Every few weeks is like a new chapter in a book. With each new group, more faces show up, new personalities, new energies and new experiences. It takes a few days, maybe a few weeks to make connections with people and get into my groove, but soon I've let go of the past and settled into the present...and just when I feel I'm getting too comfortable with my routine, it all changes.

The past month we've had a yoga teacher training group here. Every morning breakfast has been at 9am; lunch at 11:30, snack at 3pm and dinner at 6:30. My world has revolved around food and eating times. I can't complain about the food...it's been exceptional, thanks to Diana, but I am really looking forward to NOT having so many delicious options at regularly scheduled meal times. I've never done well with buffet style eating. Any time I've had to live in a dorm-like setting with a lunch room that's all you can eat, I've become gluttonous and obsessed with meal time. Now, the group is gone and I am assisting with some cleansers for the next few weeks. Hallelujiah! I'll be surrounded by juicers! Even though I'll still be eating, no one will be cooking, and I'll be spending most of my time making beet/carrot juice and chlorophyll shots. My intestines will be very happy for the break.

Other things that are changing...well, all my friends are leaving...Diana, Shelley, Menlha. It'll be pretty quiet around here for a while. It's strange to imagine being here without them. Who will I go to for girl talk? Who will make me dizzy with laughter? Who will share the tree house with me? Yikes! It's just me and D'Ogee for a while in that big, open pile of sticks. I hope I don't have too much time to myself. I'll make the most of it by organizing some of the eye sores that have been bugging me, meditating more and getting my taxes done...and waiting to see what the wind brings in as a new chapter at Hacienda del Sol begins.