Monday, February 9, 2009

High Winds

The winds were crazy here earlier in the week...not to bore you with a weather report, but look at the mess the wind blew in while I was asleep.

I was awakened in the middle of the night by a dry palm leaf attacking my face, and then woke up to find a bed full of debris. At one point while the wind was howling across my head and the walls of the tree house were swaying back and forth, I felt a bit of real fear inside of me...Don't worry, Mom...it was just me over reacting to the 70 mph winds. Nothing to be concerned about, I promise.
This is the only room in the house that is enclosed with 4 walls and a door. Imagine the mess the rest of the house was! I've really had to ease up on my standards of cleanliness.

4 comments:

Yeehaw said...

See- you can run from bad weather but you can't hide. Now you know what it was like when I lived in that dumpy trailer house & the windows only altered the wind pattern as it blew through the house.

Man, I'm loving my nice warm house right about now. Come over and we can eat organic grapes and filtered water by the fire!

eljcranch said...

Looks like some of the normal for here in russia living! Not the wind! Wind makes me irritable, and I am trying to get rid of some of those irritations. After all, I must not let the enviroments control my feelings!!Learning that here, alot. Beautiful areas!! Mom

Linda said...

The main difference between these winds and yours, Marlo, is that I can still walk outside in flip flops and shorts. Weird, though, that it sounds cool to live in a tree house that doesn't have any walls, but a trailer, even though it has 4, is a dump. Glad you don't have to live in either. :)

Joanna said...

Hahaha, Is it wrong that my image I have of you there, living in your tree house, is from the movie "Without a Paddle" the first one.