Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dying of Heat

The time is approaching, I can feel it. It's almost time to leave the tropics and go back to the mountains. It's been perfect for me to be here this winter...to have this time to ground and get centered, connect with nature, love Menlha, and get my fill of the heat...the draining, energy-sucking heat that I was craving back in December. I never thought I would miss seasons and cooler weather. When people back home would start to get excited about the fall weather or the first signs of snow, I was cursing it. How could anyone get tired of the heat? I just didn't know, but now....I'm starting to get it!
It's so hot here I feel like one of those lethargic sloths I saw on the Caribbean coast when I visited last month. They literally move at a snail's pace, and who can blame them? I feel like it's everything in my power to get my lazy butt off of my hammock and up to the kitchen to get a drink. I barely exercise here because I have absolutely no energy. All I feel like doing is sleeping, and it's getting a little old. I'm really craving a good 4 mile run in some crisp, cool Utah weather. I can't even imagine doing that in this heat. I think I'm getting flabby. I try to do yoga or strength building exercises a little every day, and some days I get a good enough workout that I'm actually sore, but more often than not I'm just sitting there staring at the yoga map and wishing I wasn't so exhausted with heat.
One day I'll regret saying this, I know I will.... when I'm scraping ice off of my windshield and my lips are turning blue. Oh, if only I could just have a few days of cold to make me appreciate this heat again!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Linda Lou! I feel just the opposite. I wish I were back in Hawaii sweating! It is warming up here on some days but not warm enough for me. We will all be glad to see you tho :) So what do you have going when you get home I hear you have some good things? How is D 'Ogee? Enjoy the heat while you can for tomorrow you may end up in Utah. lol

Linda said...

Yes, I know, I'll miss the heat at some point! It's so strange for me to want cooler weather...I'm having a paradigm shift!
Look forward to seeing you!