Friday, March 19, 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

I have only a few more days in Costa Rica.  Who knows when I'll be back, but I'm not having any difficulty leaving this time.  I'm excited for cooler weather and for the things I want to do this summer in Utah...start a career in photography, date a great guy named James, get back into rowing, rock climbing, yoga at Snowbird with Nicole, Saturday farmer's markets, hiking in the canyons, swimming at my favorite lake, taking D'Ogee on bike rides and runs, planting a garden, festivals, gallery strolls, eating at Omar's, teaching raw food classes, catching up with family and friends, walks at the park, and a number of other favorite summer activities.  I get excited just thinking about enjoying these things again.
In the meantime, I've been enjoying my last few days in the jungle.  It was such an exciting experience for a while...so new and different that I was captivated for a long time. It's not so new and different anymore, though.  Enduring extreme heat every day is getting old, and being limited in activities to walking to the beach every day...if I have the energy... has lost its novelty. 
Fortunately, Menlha invited me to go on a two day road trip with her to see her friends Brigette and Fred who live in this incredibly beautiful house just south of Jaco.  It's a new location for me and new people, so it was nice to have something to do for a couple of days.  Brigette is an artist and makes these great bracelets which I had to buy for myself and then Menlha had the great idea of making one for D'Ogee's collar, so I picked out this beautiful blue pattern of beads and Brigette whipped up a new collar for my dog.  Sometimes I am so tickled by the simplest things, but I'd already wanted to find some sort of unique collar for him from Costa Rica, so this was perfect...custom made just for my little guy.  Menlha loved it so much, that she had one made for her dog, too. 
Tomorrow is my last day at HDS.  Then I will go to Avellanas on Sunday to visit some friends for 2 days until I fly home on Tuesday.  I know good things are waiting for me at home.  In fact, it's one of those rare times in my life when I feel like everything is going up.  Why is that a rare feeling?  Why does it make me a little bit nervous?  What if life always seemed to be going well with only occasional disappointments instead of the other way around?  I want my life to be like that from now on. 

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Its good to hear you are excited to come home!!!! I really want you to come hang out with me for a few days & eat Film's Thai food & help me get healthy! Great things are in store for all of us! Can't wait to see you!