I started writing an email to someone today and realized it sounded more like a blog entry than a casual conversation about nature. So, I'm transferring it here, where it belongs. It started like this:
I've been thinking about this whole nature thing lately and why it feels so good to be immersed in it. This is what I 've come up with...see if you can follow me. It's because it's life energy is so pure. I feel like the energy that is life is also God's energy and it flows through every living thing. Of course, we have it in us, but we also have an opposing energy to deal with..the adversary, we call it, and we're constantly being pulled by the two energies, but plants and animals don't have that opposing energy. They are so pure with God's energy, and so we go to the mountains so we can connect with that part of us that is pure like the trees.
I spent the day today in East Canyon with D'Ogee and Britta. All of the rain we've been getting lately has made the colors in nature so vibrant. I felt almost overwhelmed with the beauty we were hiking through, and swimming in the lake was so refreshing. Mmmmm.....nature is so cool! I'm really starting to understand the concept that we are all one in God, because everything that is living has His energy flowing through it. God is life, and everything that is alive is connected.
Those are my thoughts for now. Can't wait to get out to hike in the canyon tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment