I just open the front door and my dog comes bounding out ready to jump willingly and happily into the front seat where he sits quietly and sweetly while I run errands. The only thing I need to remember is to bring him some water. He doesn't throw temper tantrums, doesn't pull all of his toys out just after I've put them away, (he only has one toy), and doesn't beg relentlessly for everything he sees in the store. He's just so darn easy, and it's hard to imagine loving a child more than I love that silly dog anyway.
But then, my nephew Zac came and stayed with me last weekend. He's seven. He loves spending time with me so much. We had such a blast feeding ducks, taking the dogs on walks, riding bikes, swimming, going to the Farmer's Market, the Art's Festival, the Hari Krishna Temple, BBQ-ing with Jonathan and Jamie, making smoothies, and eating ice cream. He even came to my yoga class with me and lasted the entire hour. When I dropped him off at my sister's to go home, he called me about two minutes later just to talk and to say hi to D'Ogee. Now if that doesn't warm a girl's heart, I don't know what will. What a sweet kid.
Now I'm thinking I would like one child because one child is fun...without the siblings to tease and torture. I know, I know, only children are weird, but mine won't be. I'll probably be lucky if I get even one anyways, so maybe I'll adopt...one that's about 7 with big brown eyes and who loves feeding ducks.
4 comments:
That totally made me cry. I love you Linda! Zac loves you! We all do! He had so much fun and was so proud of himself this morning when he made us all smoothies for breakfast because Aunt Linda taught him how. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping him for me and for your influence on him. You're the best aunt/mom a kid could ask for!!!
One time Jerry said to Zac, "Hey Zac, sup?" Zac gets a disgusted look on his face & says "You suck"
Kids really are adorable, aren't they?
Hey Linda, I just became a Big Brother, where you spend time with your "little brother/sister" at least twice a month. It might be a good stepping stone on the way to becoming a foster parent or adopting. Just to get a feel for what it would be like. I can give you more information if you're interested.
Shane
Hey Shane,
Ya, let me know. I may check into it...unless I can get my nieces and nephews to come stay with me more. :)
Thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment