Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tweet, Tweet

I can't seem to help coming up with new business ideas and working for myself. It's in my family. I love the freedom and flexibility and the creativity of designing my own company...even if it's just a small one. It's a challenge and an adventure...and a ton of work and committment. Sometimes I wish I were satisfied with a good paying 9 to 5 job so I could go home at night and not think about it anymore. That will never happen, though. I think I had a real, full-time job once in my life...and that lasted about 3 months before I felt so claustrophobic I wanted to rip my throat open.

From there I started investing in real estate and now....this raw food business. I love it. It's my passion, but I'll tell you what's not my passion...Facebook, Twitter, all that social networking junk. It seems I can't escape it, though...at least if I want to succeed. It's the craze these days. I'm still trying to figure out how to post an invitation to Facebook; now I have to build networks and start groups and follow the right people. And if I don't make several Tweets a day, people won't take me seriously and they won't be so inclined to follow me, and then I won't be popular and no one will go to my website and buy my products and my business will fail...all because I don't Tweet.

It's such a weird concept...Tweeting. I certainly don't read all the tweets from my friends; much less click on the links they post. Who has time to do that? Who are the people that are lurking around Twitter all day just waiting to respond to a new tweet? Who are these people who have made Twitter so popular that every business must start tweeting if they want to get anywhere in today's on-line world? I don't know if I should thank them or curse them.

I guess I will just keep tweeting and see where it gets me. If anyone wants to be my designated Tweeter, I'll pay them in lots of raw treats. Heck, I'd even stoop so low as to make you a full-fat and dairy, with white flour and refined sugar, double chocolate layered, carmel-filled pound cake with a cherry on top. Just get me the hell off of Twitter!

2 comments:

Supercords said...

I feel your pain. I have given in to Facebook, but I refuse to open a Twitter account.

Lizza said...

Dude, I HATE twitter. Think it is everything wrong with the world today and I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. Who freakin' cares? Apparently enough people to make it popular and I'd like to hurt all their fingers.