Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back to Costa RIca I Go

Last week I purchased my ticket to go back to Costa Rica. It was the evening of the first snow fall. I guess most people welcome the first snow of the year and get all giddy inside for whatever reason. That doesn't happen to me. I get more of a knot in my stomach. After coming out of an all day event at 5pm and having to break ice off of my windshield, I felt nothing but anxiety. It was just what I needed to finally make the plunge. I went right home and bought my ticket.

I admit, I've been hesitant to make the commitment. It's kind of a pain to pack everything up for 6 months, rent out my house, get my taxes in early, and a whole number of other things that get to happen before I leave. Sometimes, I just don't want to deal with it. If I were making more money and winter wasn't right around the corner, I'd probably think twice about leaving. But, in all honesty, I don't want to be here for the winter, so I just remind myself of that if I feel exhausted with the whole process of preparing to leave. All I have to do is picture myself in a bathing suit on a warm sandy beach, and I automatically slap some common sense back into my lazy brain.

This year, my intention is to do a bit more traveling while I'm in Costa Rica. It's such a big country and I've only seen a small area of it. I'm putting it out there that I will get to travel and see some new areas. I've already got one opportunity to visit a couple I met last year and make raw food for them in exchange for a room next to their office. It's one block from a beautiful beach which hosts a famous restaurant called LOLA'S that attracts lost of tourists and local surfers. :) That's where you'll find me this winter...me, Lola, and D'Ogee chillin' on the beach together watching the surfers. Would you really rather be in the snow?

1 comment:

Jennifer Mosher said...

Omg u r going back! Wow what an adventure. Btw, I got your msg on my blog - thank u. But you have done far more cool mktg than me! Your website is better etc :)